Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Festivities



Some of the guys were playing on quads, the other guys were watching football. The rest of us were visiting.
It was really slippery out there. They were slidding around. Having a ball.
Then the playing was done. Rob, Cari, Dad, Alan,and I were on our way to the hospital. Rob is the one that got hurt. The first time Rob was the one usally it is Doug. I was at Doug's house and Haley came in and said that Rob had crashed. She said that he had broken his arm. I went running. Everyone was around him. He could not move, a bone was sticking out on his shoulder. So we got him up and he almost past out. His face went white. His lips were white. Robs face going white is really scarry. I almost took a picture while he was laying on the ground. Cari drove the truck so that I could comfort Rob. We could tell when the medicine kicked in because his lips got color back in them. We got to Saint Peters at about 4:30. We got in very fast. We were seen and they took us right to the room.



Here is Rob waiting in the waiting room at St. Peters. Here are the X-rays: The left side is how it is supposed to be the right is the way it is now. He seperated his shoulder. The doctor said it was a third degree, which is the worst one you can do. It is the ligament between the Collar bone and the part of the shoulder blade. We will see the orthopeadic doctor on Monday. Of course the orthopeadic doctor is out for the holiday week.
Oooooooch!!!!!! That hurts!!
Rob relaxing after they gave him some drugs to take away the pain. Well it not only took away the pain, but it took away his speach. He said he can't believe that peole would take drugs on purpose. We need everybodies prayers. Thanks, he got a priesthood blessing and we will make it through this. Heavenly Father always watches over us.

2 comments:

  1. Well I am gald I finally got the whole story how is Rob doing? If you remember I was taking a nap with Dallin and when I woke up everyone told me at once that Rob had gotten hurt that was pretty much it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I guess I have been so wrapped up in my world that I didnt know Rob got hurt so badly. I will definitly keep you guys in my prayers, I know how it is to exist totally on the prayers of others. This last year has shown me that the Lord really does carry us in out times of need. WE managed to go six months with no income. Boy were we blessed for being faithful.

    ReplyDelete