Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Festivities

The month of December was not a good month for the Gifford's. On December 9th Spencer got to feel the baby move and see her move in my belly. He thought that was so cool. I went in for a doctors appointment on the 10th and Dr Gage couldn't find a heartbeat with the dopler. She did an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. Her chest was already sunk and the measurements were 16 weeks 5 days but Dr Gage said that it was the last few days. I think it happened the day of the doctors appointment. I didn't feel any movement that day and I felt like something was wrong. I held it together pretty good at the doctors office. I came home and went in the bathroom and just wept. Then I called Rob and told him. He was in total shock. He came home right away and gave me a hug. The kids were all very sad. I had an ultrasound the next morning at 9:30. Rob couldn't go so I took Stephine Colman. We were both crying including the ultrasound tech. Then I went home and call Rob. My choices were be put into labor or have a D&E so since it was Friday I told her I would let her know on Monday. We called the family . Which was hard. I was a mess that day. I couldn't believe this was happening to us. I know that Heavenly Father is in charge. He loves us and knows we can handle this. We found out that it was a girl. We named her Sarah Joan Gifford. We know that we will be with her again. I hadn't written anything on the blog about being pregnant because of the last 2 miscarriages. Now it is 3. Well our December wasn't very Christmasy. It is a good time to think of Jesus Christ,he came to earth to take away my sorrows. He has felt my sadness and emptyness.
We did a few things like decorate Christmas cookies and go to Spanaway lights. Other then that is was really depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment