Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1st day of my D&E

We decided to do the D&E. I talked to a lot of friends and got everybodies opinion. We prayed about it and we decided for the recovery that we would do the D&E. Spencer went to Christophers until Thursday. Alan and Brenda came over for dinner on Sunday night and took Spencer home with them. We met Clarissa in Rochester to drop off the rest of the kids until Thursday. Then we were on our way to Seattle's Swedish Hospital. We left really early. We got there 2 hours early so we went to the humongous library. It was 9 stories tall. We read some magazines and I tryed to stay calm. I tryed to breath deeply. We saw the doctor named Dr Reisner. She was so nice and very sorry that we had to meet this way. She talk to us for about an hour and a half and then she put in 3 dialators. She said that doing it this way will not damage my cervix. So if we want to have anymore children we could. Then we went out to dinner. I was feeling fine. We went home and watched a movie and went to bed. I could think of nicer ways to spend 4 days with Rob without any children.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I just want to know I love you and am so glad we are family! Hang in there... some day it will be ok. Don't rush it. Take as much time as you need to greive. Right now it's not OK and you don't have to feel that way or pretend to feel that way. Lean on us, your family, as well as the Lord for strength. We are here and we love you so much. Please know that we are praying for you and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete